Hey there! It’s been a bit since I’ve posted here, but Berry’s Monday challenge really pushed me to make a post today. Yesterday was the opening of the Geeks’nNerds fair, which runs until December 8th!
It was my first time at the fair, and I’ve never heard so many siren songs for my Lindens before.. My not-so-inner geek is giggling like a little school girl here. The fair is definitely an event that will leave my pockets surprisingly lightweight, which is a nice change from the normal curiosity I have when exploring fairs.
On to the actual challenge at hand…
The definition of a nerd and geek are as follows (thanks for the definitions, Berry!):
- Geek- Someone who is smart, enjoys video games, comic books, being on the internet, etc… and usually has a passion or hobby that they obsess over.
- Nerd – A socially awkward person with a very high IQ. They gain pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people.
- Dork- Someone who is a bit socially awkward, has odd interests and is often clumsy. Dorks are typically more noted for their quirky personality
1. What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above?
I identify more with a geek- even if I’m more of the “quiet obsessor”, I definitely enjoy things that are bigger on the inside, occasionally breaking the Prime Directive, and running through Rapture… just to name a few!
This sign made me giggle when I saw it, because it’s so true! In my opinion, it’s human nature just to bicker and fight, but in the end we love a lot of the same things, so stop hating everyone else just because you have a different title.
That being said, I’m a geek you nerd scum! 😉
2. What was the first computer you ever owned?
Goodness, that’s tough to remember! I sometimes can barely remember what happened a couple days ago, asking me to remember my first computer is like asking me about when I learned how to walk. I do remember being around computers a lot though, so it was natural for me to pick it up later on.
3. When and how did you first get on the internet?
I ask myself the same question all the time. I can barely remember my entertainment without the Internet… I’d love to know in what moment it all began…
4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to?
I actually really don’t like the idea of fandoms; they are usually young teens unhealthily idolizing stories. I’m most certainly fans of many different geeky things, but idol them I do not. That being said, I really love LOTR. I was a reader before I was on the Internet (and after the introduction of the Interwebz) so Tolkien’s books were such a wonderful place for me to fall into for hundreds of pages. When I found out about Lord Of The Rings Online, I couldn’t contain my joy!
5. Star Trek or Star Wars?
BOTH! I find Trek to be more intellectually stimulating, but I enjoy Wars to be youthful fun in space!
6. How Geeky Are You?: I scored an 81%! I’m geekier than I thought. Should I be worried? :p
On that note… I hope you all have a lovely holiday and until next post!
This fair runs until December 8th, so check it out!